Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Resident Photographer AALBG


This week I was asked if I would like to be the resident photographer for the Australian Arid Lands Botanic Garden.
Paid to have FUN ... who wouldn't jump at the chance ;-))

I will be working closely with Michele the City Council's brand designer who is overseeing the new sales outlet at the Garden. The management will have unlimited use of these images on AALBG postcards, greeting cards, posters, gifts, labels, signage, promotion and advertising etc. The great thing about this association is Michele likes my "arty" perspective so I can play to my heart's content.

This has been a L O N G apprenticeship as I remember taking groups of students to the garden, when it first opened, to take photographs of the plants ;-)) I have watched it grow from tentative beginnings to a thriving tourist hub.

It is on my list of "morning walks" and you never know what little treasures you will find, now I will be able to share these with a wider audience.

Georgie Sharp - View my 'aridlands' photos on Flickriver

No comments:

Post a Comment